Feb 18, 2009

Witchy Thrifty Finds

It's been a while since I've posted on here. I've been busy with school, raising money to get to NYC, I'm now selling Avon, working on my makeup artist portfolio, and am putting together a Glamour Shots day with myself and a photographer friend. So if you're wondering why I haven't been around, that is why.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share some cool Witchy Thrift Finds I just recently got. :)

Two books from Value Village that I got for 99 cents each. The yellow one is "The Witches Broomstick Manual" by Rev. Yaj Nomolos, S.P. It is copyright to Cosmic Vision Press, 1983. The contents include besom lore, how to make your own, how to properly enchant your besom, and much more.

The second book is "Sexual Magick" by Katon Shual. Printed by Mandrake Press, and copyrighted to the author in 1988. It has lots of great information, with footnotes and bibliographies at the end of each chapter, as well as diagrams and illustrations.



This is a Minoan Snake Goddess statue I got for $1.99 at Value Village. She is about 2 inches tall, and made of iron. I looked Her up on various occult sites to see how much She goes for, and it is between $10 US to $20 US. So what a steal! Here She is:

3 comments:

Hibiscus Moon said...

Love the photos and info. :)

Aelwyn said...

Glad you enjoyed them! :)

Dia said...

This is so fun!! I got a lovely broom last month - picts on Vestella's Vale!

I don't know if you've played with any other make-ups, but I really enjoy the CMH essentials i found on-line after trying mineral make-up . . . I love her 'chameleon sparkle' & 'twilight' eye shadows (use the second for eye liner) . . . I met a gal at a street fair who was marketing her own mineral make-ups - wasn't quite brave enough to try them (which I later regretted!)

I've had such fun looking for broom books - & found some delightful ones!

All content © to Hedgewitch Hollow unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. If you wish to use my writing in any form, please contact me first, and wait for written consent.

Contact Aelwyn at aelwyndaeira@yahoo.ca