Aug 23, 2009

Musical Monday....early....

Since I am leaving the house early tomorrow, I'm doing Musical Monday today. Here are three videos.

I've been bingeing on Finger Eleven since seeing them at the Festival of Friends. My sis and two of our friends are going to Tecumseh's Cornfest to see them again on the 29th (woot!).

So here are my fave videos of theirs:

Paralyzer:

I love this song because it's making fun of going to clubs. Not to mention the video is awesome!



I'll Keep Your Memory Vague:

Another great song by Finger Eleven. Just listen to the lyrics....

"Because the moments I can feel you near
They keep you close to me my dear
And if they ever become too clear..."




And this was an experience I'll never forget. Finger Eleven does a medley of "Paralyzer", "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand,"Trampled Under Foot" by Led Zeppelin and "Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2" by Pink Floyd as their "encore/finale" at this summer's tours. It was AWESOME, and at the end the drummer threw his drumsticks into the audience and I almost caught it. It bounced off my thumb! I would've leaped over the 3 aisles to tackle the person who got it after me, but my man had a firm hold on my pants...LOL! Anyhow...enjoy---I know I did!

9 comments:

MarZel said...

Hi!!! It took me a bit but I got your button on my blog!!! LOL I had to look through the other blogs to find witch one it was on! But I didnt get a chance to read them so i am going back!!! I have a great week!

Aelwyn said...

Hey hun!

Thanks for going through all that trouble. It should be on the left column of my blog. :)

jori-o said...

I always go through a small obsession phase after seing a band live too. It's so great to associate good memories with music!

What a travesty you didn't get the drumstick!!!

Lorielle said...

I've never heard of them before, but what energy!!!

Aelwyn said...

jori: I've always been a HUGE fan (from the day they were the Rainbow Butt Monkeys, back in 1994). :D The concert TOTALLY secured my faith in them.

Lorielle: TOTALLY! They LOOOOOVE what they do, and it's very evident on stage. The lead guitarist (the cuties on the left, with the mohawk) gives this wicked little grin, which is awesome--you just KNOW he's up to something. I loved when the lead singer just let the fans sing---he was having the time of his life up there!

Mejis said...

I've never heard that Finger 11 song. I am going to have to add it to my MP3 player!
I love Paralyzer!

Diane said...

total bummer about the drumstick! cool post!

amanda said...

Well I have a new "like" weird name but great to listen to although the concert was hard to hear over the audience singing with them which is good for Finger Eleven and bad for me I guess LOL!

L. said...

Awesome! Never heard of them before. They're great, thanks. Love the encore! And the rhythm guitarist!

All content © to Hedgewitch Hollow unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. If you wish to use my writing in any form, please contact me first, and wait for written consent.

Contact Aelwyn at aelwyndaeira@yahoo.ca