Oct 19, 2009

Musical Monday!





I don't know if I've ever posted about the Dragon Ritual Drummers before, but I HAVE to now. I was just at the Hammertown Pagan Pub Moot, and they released their newest album "Tribal Magik". All I can say is "WOW"!

I actually bought this album. Not that they weren't good before, but the DRD are REALLY coming into their own. With a much more African Diasporic flavour, and Voudon/Hoodoo aspects to their music now (it's been growing over the past couple albums) it REALLY sang to me.

So head over to their website, and order their albums.

Here is a taste:





12 comments:

Blackened Phoenix said...

What incredible drumming! Congrats are in order! I've given you the Over the Top blog award! Pick it up at http://thedomesticwitch.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-second-award.html

Diane said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT! i've been wanting to get a drum for the family - you know, just to relieve some stress every now and then...

i want to go to a fairie festival!

Joy said...

They've certainly got some mad rhythm!

L. said...

Excellent!

Amanda said...

Interesting beat but the last video was too short I was really getting into it the poof!

Tamara said...

Hi, I've been having fun watching the videos on your blog, I love drumming!! I'm also following you and I grabbed your button.:)
Thanks!!
http://www.homespunheartscandles.blogspot.com

gail said...

Hi Aelwyn,, I really liked the videos,, thanks for sharing. That was great music and rythms!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering,,, good luck:)
Gail

Lorielle said...

Yeah this would be a lot of fun to see live! :)

Jenny said...

Just stopping by to check out your blog and say hi. Great post too. :D

// visiting from 1000 comment challenge!

Bridgett said...

I've totally been wanting some tribal drumming CD's to aid with my meditation.

Yay!

Sooo checking them out.

)O(
boo

The Bird said...

Just stopping by to thank you for joining my blog :) Have a Blessed Samhain!

Alice Audrey said...

The remind me of The Drum Brothers in Missoula MT.

All content © to Hedgewitch Hollow unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. If you wish to use my writing in any form, please contact me first, and wait for written consent.

Contact Aelwyn at aelwyndaeira@yahoo.ca