Dec 9, 2009

Hallowe'en Makeup!

Okay, so it's a tad late, but I figured after reading Rue's comment about Hallowe'en makeup, I figured I'd share the makeup I did this year. So here I am:



I was the last minute costume girl this year. So I decided on semi-traditional Día de los Muertos makeup. I completed the look with a black scarf around my head (my bangs actually OFF my forehead for the first time since middle school--LOL!), red roses on either side of my face, big hoop earrings, a dangly necklace, black chemise, black corset, red shawl tied around my waist, and carrying maracas from Mexico (a friend brought them back from her honeymoon) and a Virgin of Guadalupe candle.

Here is Chris, done up a our Doorkeeper:



This was a great picture that Crowskin took on a neighbour's front lawn, that was thoroughly covered in bright leaves.

Here is a close up shot of his makeup:



All he wanted was "something gothic and creepy", so that's what I ran with. Not bad for never having done aging makeup, eh?

9 comments:

Divaeva said...

Most awesome!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Mm, adorable. That make up tells me that you like a challenge, so here is one. I've tagged you to spread holiday cheer, here is the link if you want to play along http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2009/12/check-your-witch-and-tag-her-twice.html.

Lyon said...

You both look fantastic!

Zedral Z said...

Cool! I did something very similar myself. I take it you're also a fan of Sylvia Ji's beautiful ladies? :)

Rue said...

Oh cool! Thanks for the show and tell!

Having just come back from Mexico and seeing so many skulls and skeleton ladies dressed up and painted so prettily - I LOVE your makeup!!

And the deathly pale make up on your "doorkeeper" is wonderful too! Yay to you!

Tamara said...

Great job on the makeup, my favorite time of the year and it took my mind off he christmas crap for a minutes. lol

The Frog Queen said...

Great make up on both of you. Love your costume idea. Thanks for taking me back to Halloween :)

Cheers!

Bridgett said...

I think it's freaking amazing! I could barely get circles on my little 'clowns' faces! LOL

You have a gift.

)O(
boo

Aelwyn said...

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

*mwah*

All content © to Hedgewitch Hollow unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. If you wish to use my writing in any form, please contact me first, and wait for written consent.

Contact Aelwyn at aelwyndaeira@yahoo.ca