Dec 16, 2009

I Got Tagged!

The lovely Magaly Guerrero from Magaly Guerrero: The Official Blog of an Author in the Making and most well known Pagan Culture tagged me for the meme "Check Your Witch and TAG her Thrice!".

So I'm going to answer 15 questions as Magaly did...and then tag 13 more people. I'm going to change up the questions so they're inter-denominational, because I'll likely tag some non-Pagans. :) Why 13 people? Because it's Magaly's lucky number, and it's also MY lucky number too!

The Famous Fifteen:

1. Have you started Yule/Christmas shopping yet?

I've done it over the year, but realized in the first week of December that I didn't buy as much as I thought I did. But yep--it's ALL DONE! :) I'll have to post pics of what I got everyone after Yule.


2. Tell me about one of your special holiday traditions?


Wow, family traditions always evolve, and there's nothing that really "sticks". A little earlier than Yule/Christmas is my Mum's birthday (middle of November), and my sister and I always buy her an angel, or angel themed gift. I guess that would count.

I'm also starting a tradition of having a Holiday Open House on December 24th, where I have food and drink, and people come and go as they please. Last year was the first one, and it was a great success. My family, my man's extended family (his parents and sister live in Colorado), our friends all gathered together, and it was so much fun!

3. When do you put up your tree?

Still getting into the swing of that. We don't have much room for a real big tree in our house (we have a lot of furniture because we entertain a lot). Last year we had a real tree in a pot, but it died (I have a black thumb). This year my great friends Mav and Grimmy gave us their old fiber-optic tree that they had for many years while living in apartments (since they are having their first real Yule/Christmas in their own house and can have a large tree). So it's sitting on top of an unused plant stand (remember...black thumb) draped with Christmas/winter themed fabric. Gifts will go on the bottom tiers of the plant stand. :)

4. Are you a Black Friday Shopper?


Nope. I value my life and limbs.

5. Do you travel at Yule/Christmas or stay at home?

We once went to Sarnia for Christmas with my man's family, but they did Christmas dinner on the 12th this year in Brantford (20 minutes away from us). We usually do Christmas day at my parents, or sometimes on Boxing Day depending on my BIL's family. My parents live in the same city, and my sister just outside, so not much traveling. If we visit my man's immediate family, we don't do it during Christmas season...WAAAAAY too expensive and crazy.

6. What is your funniest Yule/Christmas memory?

My sister had moved home to finish up college. I moved home when I broke up with my fiance. We were around 20 years old. I woke up to my father running around with a T-shirt that said "Ho Ho Ho My Ass", a Santa hat with a fake beard (which is funny, because he HAS a beard), wearing Christmas themed brief style underwear over his jogging pants at 6am.

6am doesn't exist for me...I'm an insomniac, but I hauled my arse outta bed anyways (he was so excited).

He had woken me up by wiggling my feet. He went into my twin sister's room, and hadn't even gotten near her bed when she sat straight up (WWE Undertaker style), said "Touch me and die." and laid back down.

My Mum, Daddy and I had breakfast and waited for her to get herself up...LOL. She's less of a morning person than I am.

7. What is your favorite Yule/Christmas movie of all times?

Santa's Slay, Black Christmas, and Scrooged. Yeah, so I'm not overly traditional...LOL!

8. Do you do any Yule/Christmas baking and what's your favorite treat?

Darn Tootin'! My favourites are my fudge, Amish Ginger Cookies and White Chocolate Candy Cane Brittle. :)

9. Fake or real tree?

Fake...it's fiber-optic. I call it the "disco tree". I love it because it was passed down from my best friends.

10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done?

I usually don't have a panic button. This year, it was yesterday--but I think it was just a panic attack (I have clinical anxiety and bipolar, and my hormones are going all wacky).

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Yule/Christmas Eve?


Yup. LOL! :)

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Yule/Christmas?

Watching everyone open the gifts I bought them! I LOOOOOOVE giving gifts. :)

13. What Yule/Christmas craft do you like best?

Baking, and making chocolate and fudge. Not technically a craft, but I love doing it!

14. Yule/Christmas music? Yes or No, and if yes, what is your favorite song?

Yes! I used to hate it (working in retail makes it SUCK). My favourite is The Little Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby. I also love anything by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra!


15. Do you plan to finish all your shopping?


Already DONE! Woot!

The Thirteen Tagged:

1. The Screaming Meanie
2. Ugly Shyla's Secrets, Lies and Gossip
3. Voodoo Who Do
4. Witchy Chicks
5. A Fanciful Twist
6. A Secret Garden
7. Ruffles and Stuff
8. A Day In The Life of a Domestic Enchantress
9. Cat's Rants
10. Chasing Domestic Bliss
11. Craftwork of a Jewitch
12. Darkflame's Views
13. Lisa Joy

5 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Thanks for the link love hun!

Oh, and like you, I also "value my life and limbs"! lol

Girlie | Brochures Printing Online said...

Enjoyed reading your answers! You made me hungry by talking about chocolate and fudge.

Haven't started shopping for Christmas gifts yet. Will do it this weekend. I'm so not yet prepared for Christmas.

Tamara said...

hahaha i love the story of your father running around with that tshirt and santa hat on!! Classic!!

Bridgett said...

LOL...cracking up about your dad waking you and your sister in his 'get up.' :D

)O(
boo

JC said...

My favourite Christmas movie is Scrooged too!! Oh, and next year, if you want, don't feel like you HAVE to, but, if you want to, feel free to drop off some of that fudge and some white chocolate ANYTHING!!! Just sayin'. :o)

All content © to Hedgewitch Hollow unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. If you wish to use my writing in any form, please contact me first, and wait for written consent.

Contact Aelwyn at aelwyndaeira@yahoo.ca