Nov 11, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 1


Day 1: Something You Hate About Yourself


Wow, this is a really hard one.  Let's see:

I really hate being sick.  While people say it's "not me", it is.  It puts everything on hold, makes everything more difficult, and makes me feel useless at times.

I feel like it's MY FAULT for getting this way.  I pushed myself too hard, lived a rough life (drinking, partying every night), ignored my health, and this is what I get for it.

I hate the constant aches, the headaches, the muscle spasms.  They are getting better with medication and injections, but I'll never feel "normal" or "strong".  

And then.....I hate that I let my illness(es) get me down!  They ARE NOT me!  I didn't cause them, they are genetic!  I hate that I'll just lay on the couch rather than fight them!  

So there you have it, I hate the dichotomy of my feelings towards my illness.  And I didn't know that until I just wrote it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It is really easy to get frustrated at one's self when dealing with an illness or health problem. I often feel the same way about my back pain, people can say "it isn't you" but it is, it is a big part of who I am and I wish I could change it more than I wish I could change my hair or nose etc. Very thoughtful post and I hope you get some relief from what is ailing you!

Sharon said...

I hate that I have let myself go so far downhill, that it will take a miracle and a truckload of skilled surgeons to try to fix me.

All content © to Hedgewitch Hollow unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. If you wish to use my writing in any form, please contact me first, and wait for written consent.

Contact Aelwyn at aelwyndaeira@yahoo.ca