Nov 16, 2010

Hekate

 Hekate and Kereberus on a Vase
(From: Theoi)

 Plea to Hekate

Lady Hekate
I call upon You
I ask for Your guidance...
These keys to mysteries lead me to You
These paths converging make me move in Circles.
Lady Hekate
Saffron Robed One
Lady at the Gate
Protectress, Enchantress, Many Named One.
I call upon You
I offer myself to You
To heal, to show me these mysteries and their meanings,
To stop me from spinning only in Circles.
Cthonia, keep me grounded.
Dadouchos, light my way.
Soteira, save me.
Trioditis, show me the path.
Propolos, lead me.
Klêidouchos, open the lock...
Propylaia, open the gates.
Hekate, I beg of thee,
Your Child, I offer myself to You,
Help me in my time of need.
I give You praise, worship and offerings.

Orphic Hymn
To Hekatê

Hekatê of the Path, I invoke Thee, Lovely Lady of the Triple Crossroads,
Celestial, Chthonian, and Marine One, Lady of the Saffron Robe.
Sepulchral One, celebrating the Bakchic Mysteries among the Souls of the Dead,
Daughter of Persês, Lover of Solitude, rejoicing in deer.
Nocturnal One, Lady of the Dogs, invincible Queen.
She of the Cry of the Beast, Ungirt One, having an irresistible Form.
Bullherder, Keeper of the Keys of All the Universe, Mistress,
Guide, Bride, Nurturer of Youths, Mountain Wanderer.
I pray Thee, Maiden, to be present at our hallowed rites of initiation,
Always bestowing Thy graciousness upon the Boukolos.



 Temple of Hekate at Lagina
(From: Lagina)





("Plea to Hekate" is copyright to Shauna McShane, November 26th, 2010.  
Absolutely NO permission is given to copy this writing, including sharing on websites or blogs.  
Please ONLY post a link back to this blog to share.)

1 comment:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Aelwyn,
thank you for posting my giveaway on your sidebar! Good luck to you.
Have a great day.
Marie

All content © to Hedgewitch Hollow unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. If you wish to use my writing in any form, please contact me first, and wait for written consent.

Contact Aelwyn at aelwyndaeira@yahoo.ca