Nov 30, 2010

What a Wacky Weekend!

I didn't do a MONDAY MAMBA because I got the start of a urinary tract infection...it's NOT comfortable to sit in a chair with one, that's for sure!  Got some antibiotics, and they are doing a good job...but more on that later!

Friday Night

What a wild and wacky night of paranormal investigation.  I work with R.I.D.G.E. as an Investigator in Training and as a sensitive.  We investigated a house that is having extensive renovations done, and had to have our command center outside (it was in a little "party house", so at least we were out of the wind).  It was -11C, windy and started to snow!  At least inside the house it was warm!

I can't disclose much more about the investigation, but it was VERY interesting, and I picked up some interesting information "psychically" (I don't know how it works, but I got a name, plus dates, and other information).  I can't wait to do the reviewing of evidence (Bestie and I get to do the audio evidence).

Saturday

Wow!  We thought it might be fun to head over to the US (crossing at Niagara Falls) to browse and shop with Cousin and Fiance.  The Man drove the Bunni, and we had fun, but got stuck on the bridge back for 2 hours!!!!  Oy--remind me not to come up with that idea again!

I started to feel like I had a bladder infection or UTI.  Yikes!  So we stopped at a drug store on the way home to see if I could find Uva Ursi root, but couldn't find any.  I took Vitamin C instead, and it seemed to be gone.

When we got home we ordered takeout, invited Bestie and her Husband over, and hung out until 2am.  Yikes!  I was so tired that I slept 'til 3pm on Sunday!

Sunday

I started to feel icky.  I figured it was just because of the late nights all weekend.  So it was laze around all day.

Monday

Oh.  My.  Gods.  I have a urinary tract infection.  OUCH!  So I waited for the man to get home to go to the doctor.  So the doctor (my family doc, whom I intensely dislike) prescribed me an antibiotic to get rid of it.  He sent it via email to my pharmacy.  So we drove to my pharmacy to pick it up, and what did he prescribe?  A BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION!  He wrote the wrong thing.  Luckily the pharmacist figured out what he thought he was prescribing, and gave me 2 to get through last night and this morning.  They faxed the doctor last night (10 minutes after his office closed), and got no response. 

Tuesday

I called the pharmacy this morning, and they still hadn't heard back.  So I called my doctor's office and got them to re-fax the prescription.  *sigh*

I also had to call my gastroenterologist, since my colonoscopy and gastroscopy are Friday, and I don't know if the antibiotics and UTI will make a difference about whether they can still perform the tests or not.  Of course, the office is CLOSED.  WTF?  So I have to call first thing tomorrow.  *sigh*

What a weekend and beginning of the week.

I'm looking forward to doing the review of audio from the investigation on Friday, at least that will take my mind off things! :)

2 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Drink some cranberry juice as well. It works wonders with urinary tract infections. That is all I ever use.
Mary

Aelwyn said...

Unfortunately, cranberry juice doesn't work for me. :( I haven't had a UTI in 4 1/2 years, so this came as a surprise!

All content © to Hedgewitch Hollow unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. If you wish to use my writing in any form, please contact me first, and wait for written consent.

Contact Aelwyn at aelwyndaeira@yahoo.ca