Dec 28, 2010

I'm Back!

Firstly I want to offer a HUGE






To everyone for their well wishes for my family and father in our rough times.  My father is doing VERY well!  He was home quite quickly from his surgery.  It turned out it was a hernia making his belly stick out like Santa's (we just thought he was getting fat), and he also had a mass that was removed along with his lymph nodes.  We will have information on the mass on January 17th.

Yule was a fun and crazy time!  We performed a ritual on December 18th, and also had a birthday party for myself and my sister afterward.  We did a "Naughty Santa" or "White Elephant" exchange, where each person brought a wrapped gift.  We then put everyone's name in a basket, and they got to pick a gift.  Now, they could pick a gift off the table, OR from someone else!  It was much fun, and I wrapped my gift to make it indecipherable.  I received a $20 gift certificate (after all the gift stealing) from my friend's upcoming hoodoo and magic business, which was quite exciting (I won a personalized talisman from him before, and it works a charm).

We had much feasting and enjoying the holiday, and seeing everyone!  There were four dogs there, in my sister's small living room (she keeps strange dogs out of the basement and upstairs).  One was Medic (my friend's puppy, who is ADORABLE); one was Chubs (my sister's friend's dog, who is adorable and chubby, hence the name); my sister's dog Ruby; and my sister's boyfriend's Dad's dog, Spirit (whom they are babysitting until the end of December).

I will share the loads of gifts that were given and gotten tomorrow (I'll take some photos).  We DID get some cash from his parents and my parents, which went to good use.  I spoiled The Man, and he spoiled me like crazy!  Usually it sucks having my birthday near Yule/Christmas, but he really went all out (not to mention taking me out for dinner!).

And of course, I've had a cold for two weeks....LOL!  I always do during "The Holidays".

So I'm going to try to be back to "normal" on this blog tomorrow, and I DID do an update on RAW BEAUTY as well.

Glad to be back, and glad to have Daddy home and happy and healthy!

9 comments:

Aisha said...

im glad your dad's ok feel better soon and happy belated birthday. i'm happy oyu had a good yule BB

Sharon said...

Welcome back!
Glad your Dad is recovering quickly and I do wish him the best! Today my Dad would have been 99!
So much fun stuff goes on around the holidays, although not much happens here, and I am old enough to really appreciate the quiet.
Can't wait to see your holiday haul, :-)!!!
Glad you are back!

Jennifer said...

Glad to see you are back! Also glad your Dad is doing better.

thendralsaravanan said...

Welcome and happy to know that your father is ok.
Expects more posts from you.

Wendy said...

So glad to hear about your father. I know quite a few people who have hernias which aren't fatal but definitely uncomfortable. Even a cat I used to have had one. And what is Yule/Christmas without animals around? I hope you post your talisman that you bought. I'd love one for myself! Rest up and drink lots of good tea and honey for your cold.

Sara said...

glad to hear you are back and that your dad is doing well. Hope you have a happy new year
hugs
Sara

willow said...

glad your dad is doing much better and that you had a fantastic christmas with family and friends!

also, happy birthday...from the boxing day birthday girl!

Lady Thorn said...

I'd like to cordially invite you to join us at The Minerva's Site Competition! Hope to see you there!
http://minervascompetition.info

Hugs
Finder Thorn

Prasetyo said...

Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

Thanks for share,
* Rio Prasetyo *

All content © to Hedgewitch Hollow unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. If you wish to use my writing in any form, please contact me first, and wait for written consent.

Contact Aelwyn at aelwyndaeira@yahoo.ca